Got Tips for Fireproof Paint for C-185?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarekBocanek

Hi.
So I’m knee-deep in a cool project restoring a ’73 C-185, and I hit a little snag. I need to repaint the firewall and the inside of the engine cowls. Anyone got the lowdown on some fireproof or fire-resistant paint that can handle the heat in the engine compartment? I want something that’ll stick around for the long haul. Appreciate any tips!

Thanks. Marek.

Hi.
So I’m knee-deep in a cool project restoring a ’73 C-185, and I hit a little snag. I need to repaint the firewall and the inside of the engine cowls. Anyone got the lowdown on some fireproof or fire-resistant paint that can handle the heat in the engine compartment? I want something that’ll stick around for the long haul. Appreciate any tips!

Thanks. Marek.

They sell high temp paint or exhaust system paint. And probably any 2 part epoxy would work. BUT I personally would leave it unpainted. Firewall should be stainless. Any paint you put there is going to be subjected to high temp and oil and grime and that takes its toll over time.
Soon you have a dull dirty looking paint job in side and lots of labor to maintain it.

But keep asking and looking around there may be some one who has a better idea.

Back