310 Pilot Window Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinner

I'm getting water and air leaks from my pilot window. It includes an emergency pull device that disables the window's locking mechanism.

How do I stop these leaks? Some planes employ a sealant or filler, whereas others have a more visible seal. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Apparently, Cessna factory seals are the way to go for the pilot's window. I read a cool trick, cut small pieces of the extra seal material, position them with rubber cement for a perfect fit, then use those marks to glue down the whole new seal with some fancy 3M stuff.

Key takeaway is removing all that old gunk is crucial, skip the exterior tape (it gets stubborn later), and Brown Aircraft Supply might save you some cash on the seal itself! Check them out at: www.brownaircraft.com

Let me know if this works!

Apparently, Cessna factory seals are the way to go for the pilot's window. I read a cool trick, cut small pieces of the extra seal material, position them with rubber cement for a perfect fit, then use those marks to glue down the whole new seal with some fancy 3M stuff.

Key takeaway is removing all that old gunk is crucial, skip the exterior tape (it gets stubborn later), and Brown Aircraft Supply might save you some cash on the seal itself! Check them out at: www.brownaircraft.com

Let me know if this works!
Thanks for this! Will try this one out.

Back