MOGAS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mssylvia

I'm curious why there aren't more MOGAS options at local airports. Given the number of aircraft owners who use MOGAS, it seems like there should be a higher demand.

I'm curious why there aren't more MOGAS options at local airports. Given the number of aircraft owners who use MOGAS, it seems like there should be a higher demand.
Don’t know if you saw my other post on this but if not go read them but I feel the real reason is it is only around 2 percent of total aviation fuel sales market and not worth it to fuel providers.
A lot of mo gas arrives to the plane in 5 gallon cans.

I can’t help but wonder why Cessna, Beech or Lycoming and Continental did not produce more mo gas ready aircraft. Example: The 182 had always been able to run on mo gas compression wise. In the 70s EAA got mogas approved for the 182. So what did Cessna do? They switched to steel belted pistons in 1977 requiring 100LL . The hp did not increase. Almost like they did it to resist move to mogas. They had problems with those pistons also.

Back