Shoulder harness to lap belt retainer bushing - needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mslisaj

I have a 1977 Hawk XP and I am trying to find the little nylon bushing that goes on the stud of the lap belt at the buckle. This little bushing is what holds the shoulder harness to the lap belt and keeps the two pieces together. 30 years ago I could walk into a Cessna Dealer and they would go back to a bin and bring out this part as it was a common failure point as the nylon would get hard and break over time. I have always kept a couple in the Hangar for spares but time has gotten to them now too and I'm looking for a replacement source. I know I can't be the only one with this situation so I am asking other owners what they do or who supplies this part today.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG20240820131256.jpg
    IMG20240820131256.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240820132201.jpg
    IMG20240820132201.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240820131307.jpg
    IMG20240820131307.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 0
I've not seen one, but I'll keep my eyes out for one.
Have you tried contacting any flying clubs to see if the oldsters may have one in their tool box?

After I posted this request I continued my internet search and finally came upon the part and the Cessna part number. I have the Cessna parts book for my airplane and this part is not listed in any of the seat belt sections. I went part number by part number and didn't find it but here it is for anyone that may need it in the future. It's still available from a few sources and ranges in price from $1.50 to $3.00 as aviation stuff goes. If you Google the part number you can find the various sources. I ordered five and I'll have them in a few days. But thanks to all that viewed this thread and thanks to "Tech Admin" for your response. I hope this will help others like me.

S2237-3

Back