Airplanes/Airports/Radios/Medicals & The Black Holes of Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greentips

Greetings from Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana and commuting in a C182.
I have a C182 bought 34 years ago, and have been tinkering for all this time, as well as flying it on max range trips.
Repainted in 2009, it earned an end cap at OSH one year in the VAC parking are in front of the 99s hangar.
Reupholstered a few years ago. Flint tanks to keep me flying longer.
ElectroAir Electronic Ignition
and Finally, last year, the Dynon Skyview HDX and a PSE450.

I know the airplane well having been involved in owner qualified maintenance and an additional 30 years of maintenance, repairs and rejuvenation under the watchful and mostly patient tutelage of several A&Ps and IAs who have coached, encouraged and criticized, and sometimes corrected my work. The Dynon was the biggest challenge. When I started, I knew little about CAD, and had no idea of the space constraints of the C182 behind the panel instrumentation, the nightmare of 26 years leftover wiring from radio upgrades by the previous owner. and really appreciate what the avionics shops go through.

I think I'm probably done upgrading the airplane....well except for...

On the side, I'm a former freight pilot, retired oncologist, and now an AME in the north.

Back