Help needed…What is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alwayskaos

Hello all, new to this forum and could use some help. I have a Cessna 182P that has been a ground up restoration with virtually every skin replaced, rear spar, etc. I have these two parts left in the pile and can not figure out where they go. I scrolled thru the parts manual several times and can not find any part that looks even close. I took a ton of photos during the repairs, but several years later now, and 2 new computers, the photos were lost. Does this look familiar to anyone? They appear to be a left and a right. From all of the work I have completed, most likely they are from somewhere in the fuselage.

Attachments

• 20240725_153402.jpg
    20240725_153402.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240725_153358.jpg
    20240725_153358.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
You might call Cessna and ask them. I found an older engineer one year at OSH who actually knew my airplane and talked my ear off about its history. That conversation was more than worth that trip to OSH, that year.

Thanks for the reply. I think I figured it out. The dash is all glass now, but Im pretty sure it held an old steam gauge component to the backside before I deleted everything.

I upgraded mine last year to a Dynon Skyview HDX. The system install itself was trivial compared to designing and fitting the mount panel to the stationary panel. Now that I look at it, I do recognize those components and where they come from. I took a minimalist approach in my panel layout and design, and I still have them installed in the panel. I'll take a better look the next time I'm out at the airport with some extra tinker time. Glad you got it figured out. Mine's an M model derivation with pieces of K-N installed. I have a bunch of pictures of my installation as it progresses if you ever need to look. Unfortunately my web server with them is out right now due to a power company surge which took out the servers' supply.

Sounds like an awesome setup. I bought my 182P for 6k 3 years ago just for an idea of how much it needed. 182 Q wings and converted to a floatplane. Its now complete and almost ready to go.if you need any photos as well, I took a bunch too😀

Is your battery behind the rear bulkhead and very difficult to get at? to me they look like the battery securing parts. They go either side of the battery and the long bolts go through top holding strip through the middle holes in those brackets and into the anchor nuts at the bottom. That would be my guess, Alternatively, they could be the holding brackets for a bit of avionic or autopilot equipment.

aerosputnik....It may be that too. I upgraded to the stainless battery box version behind the rear bulkhead. At this point, I'm not too worried about it. Its either the battery box area or behind the dash panel. I only have to finish putting in the cabin floor and it's ready to fly! Thank you

Back